Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Journey



     I read a wonderful book called ‘the Alchemist’ in 2005.  It is the story of a young man who travels around, far away from home, in search of treasure.  His whole life is a journey in search of the treasure that he sees in his dreams. Throughout his journey he learns many things and becomes a better person because of his experiences.

    I do not know who once said that ‘Life is a Journey’; but I do know and believe it to be very much true.  We begin this journey of ours right from the time that we are in our mothers womb.  We continue it through our formative years.  We journey through all the ‘Seven Stages of Man’- as William Shakespeare puts it- and at each stage we learn and become a better person because of our experiences. 

     Bishop Fulton J Sheen in his autobiography ‘Treasures in Clay’ says that when we begin our life God has in his mind to make us a beautiful vessel.  But because of our freedom of choice we choose not to be the vessel that God wanted us to be.  So God adds experiences in our life to help us become the next better thing. 

  I believe that if I wish to discover my purpose in life I must first study my past.  I should look into my past to understand what type of a person I was. I must consider deeply the seemingly coincidences that made an impact in my life. These coincidences are like the pieces of jig-saw puzzle.  Only by reflection on them and joining those together will I be able to discover a part of the bigger picture that God is drawing out for me.  I will be able to decipher the path on which God is leading me and my true purpose in life.

     I believe if I have to discover my purpose in life I must first think about my past therefore I will in my next blog write about my childhood events and reflect on them together with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment